I am a software engineer excited by possibilities that technology presents to improve our lives
At The University of Melbourne, I completed my Masters degree specializing in software engineering. Some of the core units that I enjoyed in Melbourne were High Integrity Systems Engineering, Declarative Programming, Modeling Complex Software Systems etc. I did my final year project with Royal Melbourne Hospital where me and 9 other students built Allogator, an intelligent engine that helped schedule nurses to patients in an ICU environment. I also tutored "Software Testing and Reliability" and "High Integrity Systems Engineering".
At Deakin, I was part of Deakin Scout team which builds and maintains proximity and location based services and products. The products I worked on include
- Deakin Scout mobile app that allows students, staff, and visitors to wayfind to rooms in Deakin's campuses.
- Digital Signage app that runs on 75 inch screen kiosks placed in different parts of the campuses.
- Occupancy analytics platform for telemetry of location based feeds.
As a sole developer at a small food law consulting company, I was responsible for the following
- Develop secure event registration system with payment integration from NAB using PHP.
- Port a Django web application from Python 2.7/ Django 1.7 to Python 3.5/ Django 1.11.
- Maintain, backup and support multiple services running as AWS instances.
MaxConnect Nepal is a identity services provider to schools in Kathmandu. My responsibilities as a iOS developer included
- Design, build, and publish two symbiotic iOS apps to assist parents and school teachers to connect with students' progress and other school activities
- Implement QR code based authentication system for login
- Manage AppStore listing and publishing